The contest “Night photography VIPA 2017” is suitable for all participants with different perspective and creativity in photography, who wish to present and participate with their photos on the topic.
VIPA 2017 is a competition open to professional and amateur photographers worldwide. The competition includes 6 main categories with 24 contests: People, Advertising, Nature, Architecture, Reportage and Special. All the contests will be held in 1 round. The photographer who has the highest total score in 4 contests from 1 category will become a category winner.
The beauty of night photography
It provides a great opportunity for the creation of breathtaking shots. Participants have a choice between using artificial light and with the use of long exposure, exposing the scene in seconds, minutes and even hours, to give the film or digital sensor enough time to capture a usable image.
With the progress of high-speed films, digital sensors with high sensitivity, lenses with wide aperture, and increasing power of city lights, night photography is becoming more accessible, by using available light.
Images can be with a focus on: the moon; stars; planets; cityscapes; industrial areas; fireworks; concerts; streets; buildings and many others.
Participate and win great awards with VIPA 2017
Jury team of experts and users will vote for the best media. You will have the opportunity to influence the final result. Use virtual currency to purchase additional voices and promote your participation or that of your favorites.
Contest winner with the highest total score and the best photograph on 1st place will win the amazing 500 euro prize, plus 10% from the entry fee fund. All participants from 2nd to 20th place will receive an encouragement award of 50 WINGS.
If you participate in all 6 VIPA categories, your chance to be crowned as the world Photographer of the Year is much bigger. The winner will receive an additional payment of 5000 Euro, Golden VOUBS and Certificate.
What is WINGS?
VOUBS contest hub operates with its own virtual currency WINGS, which is added to your online wallet and through it you pay the entry fees to participate. 1WINGS equals € 0.32 euro. Any registered user may participate by paying an entrance fee.
To take part, you must have in your virtual wallet at least 20 WINGS (at a price of € 9.60 euro) for each photo. You can purchase virtual currency from PayPal and ePay.
Join VOUBS contest hub today and take part in VIPA 2017 photography contest now. Participate with your best night photos, share them and you will have a chance to win great prizes. The deadline for participation is 15.02.2018.
Short rules for participation in VOUBS contests
• Minimum file size should be 1 MB
• Original file size in MP should be: 15MP + (or more) i.e., the short side to be at least 3800 pixels (Similar to: 70.45 x 100.64 cm at 137Dpi)
• Photographs should be not participating in other VOUBS contests
• Acceptable file formats for original print: TIF, TIFF, JPG, JPEG
• For TIF – no limitations
• All participants should be able to provide the maximum file size if selected among the winners
• This contest is available worldwide for professional or amateur photographers
• Cash award winners from VIPA 2016 are not allowed to participate
• Maximum total score is 100 points
• Maximum average rating of 10 from JURY members gives 80 points
• Maximum number of votes received gives 4 points
• Maximum average rating of 10 from USERS gives 4 points
• Maximum number of views gives 2 points
• Maximum number of WINGS received gives 10 points
• Join only with photographs related to the contest topic
• Join with new photographs made especially for the contest
• Increase your chances for the “Category winner” award by joining all the contests from the same category
• Increase your chances for the “Photographer of the year award” by joining as much contests from VIPA 2017 as you can
• Leave EXIF data in the image file
• 1st place wins 500 Euro
• From 2nd to 20th place wins 20 WINGS
• 1st place in category wins 1000 Euro
• Photographer of the year wins 5000 Euro
· All the winning photographs will participate in a combined catalogue with VIPA 2016 and 2017 winners
· • All the winners will receive a certificate
· • All the winners will receive a medal
· • All the winners will receive a free 10 catalogues
What is necessary to get a reward?
• The 1st place winner will be paid up to 30 days after providing all the details required
• The Category winner will be paid up to 30 days after providing all the details required
• The photographer of the year will be paid in up to 1 year on a monthly basis 12x 416,66 Euro per month
• All the winners will be notified by e-mail or personal message sent to their VOUBS profile
• Details required: In order to receive his/her award, the Winner must be verified. This is done by sending a personal identification document and a personal bank account number. Awards can be sent only to the person who is an award winner in the Contest. The Winner must indicate a bank account to which the amount of the award to be paid. The amount of the award shall be paid within 30 working days after VOUBS Co. obtains the necessary information about the user. All fees, deductions and taxes that may result from the transfer of the amount shall be borne by the user.
• Within 1 month after 3 consecutive emails, you must be able to respond with your details. Otherwise, if we do not have a response from you, we will offer the prize to the next qualifying participant.
• This contest is part from the “Special” category of VIPA 2017
• The category winner will be rewarded with 1000 Euro
• The winner in the category will be the photographer who gained highest total score as a sum from all the 4th contests related to this category – Night, Sports, Travel, Wedding
• The highest total score is a sum from your 4 best photographs participating in this category
• The winner in this contest must agree and sign a partnership contract before receiving his/her award
• The “Category” winner must agree and sign a partnership contract before receiving his/her award
• The “Photographer of the year” must agree and sign a partnership contract before receiving his/her award
Please, read the rules for participation in VOUBS contests that you must follow: