VIPA 2017 is a competition open to professional and amateur photographers worldwide. The competition includes 6 main categories with 24 contests: People, Advertising, Nature, Architecture, Reportage and Special. All the contest will be held in 1 round. The photographer who has the highest total score in 4 contests from 1 category will become a category winner.
The competition is suitable for participants from around the world, with interest in the field of product photography. It is a wonderful opportunity through which you can expand your photographic portfolio with some of your best memorable photos.
Product photography tips
• Aperture, ISO and shutter speed are the most important settings for product photography. If you want high quality images, you need to set your camera manually.
• ISO is the sensitivity of your camera sensor to light. You can increase the ISO settings to capture images in lower light, or just to capture them faster, but there is a cost. Higher ISO can lead to grainy or “noisy” photos. Use the lowest ISO in order to keep noise to a minimum.
• Mount your camera on a tripod and look at the object after your lighting is set. Shoot at the lowest possible ISO, and gradually increase it until your object appears properly lit.
• Aperture functions like the pupil of an eye, it controls the amount of light passed through the lens to your camera and it determines the depth of field of your picture.
• Aperture is measured using a system known as F-stops, and normally ranges from F1 to F22. The lower the number, the more light gets into your camera and the faster your shutter speed can be.
• For product photography, shutter speed is not an issue because your camera is on a tripod and your light is generally consistent. You will usually want to use as high an F-stop as possible, like F16 or F22, in order to capture your object in full focus.
Participate and win
In VIPA 2017, jury and users will vote for the best media. You will have the opportunity to influence the final result. Use virtual currency WINGS to purchase additional voices and promote your participation or that of your favorites.
Contest winner with the highest total score and the best photograph on 1st place will win the amazing 500 euro prize, plus 10% from the entry fee fund. All participants from 2nd to 20th place will receive an encouragement award of 50 WINGS. If you participate in all 6 VIPA categories, your chance to be crowned as the world Photographer of the Year is much bigger. The winner will receive an additional payment of 5000 Euro, Golden VOUBS and Certificate.
VOUBS operates its own virtual currency WINGS, which is added to your online wallet and through it you pay the entry fees to participate. 1 WINGS equals € 0.32. Any registered user may participate by paying an entrance fee. To take part, you must have in your wallet at least 20 WINGS (at a price of € 9.60 euro) for each photo. You can purchase virtual currency through PayPal and ePay.
Our everyday life is surrounded with all kinds of products. Participate, share them with our audience and win great prizes. The deadline for entries is February 15th 2018.
Short rules for participation in VOUBS contests
• Minimum file size should be 1 MB
• Original file size in MP should be: 15MP + (or more) i.e., the short side to be at least 3800 pixels (Similar to: 70.45 x 100.64 cm at 137Dpi)
• Photographs should be not participating in other VOUBS contests
• Acceptable file formats for original print: TIF, TIFF, JPG, JPEG
• For TIF – no limitations
• All participants should be able to provide the maximum file size if selected among the winners
• This contest is available worldwide for professional or amateur photographers
• Cash award winners from VIPA 2016 are not allowed to participate
• Maximum total score is 100 points
• Maximum average rating of 10 from JURY members gives 80 points
• Maximum number of votes received gives 4 points
• Maximum average rating of 10 from USERS gives 4 points
• Maximum number of views gives 2 points
• Maximum number of WINGS received gives 10 points
• Join only with photographs related to the contest topic
• Join with new photographs made especially for the contest
• Increase your chances for the “Category winner” award by joining all the contests from the same category
• Increase your chances for the “Photographer of the year award” by joining as much contests from VIPA 2017 as you can
• Leave EXIF data in the image file
• 1st place wins 500 Euro
• From 2nd to 20th place wins 20 WINGS
• 1st place in category wins 1000 Euro
• Photographer of the year wins 5000 Euro
· All the winning photographs will participate in a combined catalogue with VIPA 2016 and 2017 winners
· • All the winners will receive a certificate
· • All the winners will receive a medal
· • All the winners will receive a free 10 catalogues
What is necessary to get a reward?
• The 1st place winner will be paid up to 30 days after providing all the details required
• The Category winner will be paid up to 30 days after providing all the details required
• The photographer of the year will be paid in up to 1 year on a monthly basis 12x 416,66 Euro per month
• All the winners will be notified by e-mail or personal message sent to their VOUBS profile
• Details required: In order to receive his/her award, the Winner must be verified. This is done by sending a personal identification document and a personal bank account number. Awards can be sent only to the person who is an award winner in the Contest. The Winner must indicate a bank account to which the amount of the award to be paid. The amount of the award shall be paid within 30 working days after VOUBS Co. obtains the necessary information about the user. All fees, deductions and taxes that may result from the transfer of the amount shall be borne by the user.
• Within 1 month after 3 consecutive emails, you must be able to respond with your details. Otherwise, if we do not have a response from you, we will offer the prize to the next qualifying participant.
• This contest is part from the “Advertising” category of VIPA 2017
• The category winner will be rewarded with 1000 Euro
• The winner in the category will be the photographer who gained highest total score as a sum from all the 4th contests related to this category – Fashion, Food, Product, Vehicle.
• The highest total score is a sum from your 4 best photographs participating in this category
• The winner in this contest must agree and sign a partnership contract before receiving his/her award.
• The “Category” winner must agree and sign a partnership contract before receiving his/her award
• The “Photographer of the year” must agree and sign a partnership contract before receiving his/her award
Please, read the rules for participation in VOUBS contests that you must follow: