The BlueCat Screenplay Competition, now in its 22nd year, is open for submissions for its 2020 competition.
BlueCat remains committed to the undiscovered writer and continues its tradition of providing written analysis on every script submitted.
BlueCat accepts features, shorts, and pilots and awards over $40,000 in cash prizes each year, including the Fellini Award, which gives $2,500 to the best script written by an international writer.
BlueCat Screenplay Competition 2020 awards include:
- The Grand Prize Winner will receive $10,000. All scripts submitted (Features, Pilots and Shorts) are eligible.
- The Feature Screenplay Winner will receive $5,000. Four Feature Finalists will receive $1,000 each.
- The Pilot Winner will receive $5,000. Four Pilot Finalists will receive $1000 each.
- The Short Script Winner will receive $5,000. Four Shorts Finalists will receive $1000 each.
- The Fellini Award will be awarded to the Best Screenplay from any category (Feature, Pilots or Short) of the 2020 Competition written by a screenwriter residing outside the USA and will receive $2,500.
- The 3 Title Contest Winners will receive $250 each.
Founded in 1998 by WGA writer Gordy Hoffman, the BlueCat Screenplay Competition continues its mission of developing the undiscovered writer. BlueCat’s winners and finalists have gone on to sign with agencies including ICM, CAA, and WME, with their work sold to several major studios such as Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., and Universal. BlueCat writers have won awards at Sundance, Berlin, and Tribeca all following their recognition with BlueCat.
BlueCat Screenplay Competition 2020 Fees
- Early Deadline: 30th June 2019
- Feature Screenplay: $50
- Pilot: $45
- Short: $35
- Regular Deadline: 15th September 2019
- Feature Screenplay: $60
- Pilot: $55
- Short: $45
- Final Deadline: 11th November 2019
- Feature Screenplay: $70
- Pilot: $65
- Short: $55