CGTrader has always been a place for talented 3D designers to share and monetize their models regardless of where they come from or their skill level. They believe that anyone can master the world of 3D with the right attitude, motivation and tools. With this in mind, they have announced a new challenge for the 3D community. For this challenge, CGTrader is looking for fun, realistic models of schwag. This could include anything from hats to cups, business cards to pens, bags to toys. Anything that a designer might want to add some text to and use to wow that special client!
Prize pool of 7500 USD: 6000 USD in cash and additional 1500 USD in subscriptions to great apps
To become a qualified entry, it is IMPORTANT to review all of the technical requirements. Here are the key ones to consider:
• Only 3ds Max and Maya formats are accepted (.max, .3ds, ma, .ma)
• Materials assigned to geometry must be Chaosgroup V-Ray Standard Material (VRayMtl)
• Scene should consist of 3D model and connected V-Ray Standard materials only.
• UV Layout (0-1 space, non-overlapping).
• Poles should have maximum of 5 edges.
• Only quads are accepted. Triangles can be used sparingly and only where absolutely necessary.