OWP Brillen is calling for submissions for its 3rd International Eyewear Design Contest. The contest is geared toward university-level students in creative fields and designers.
A jury of designers - including Alfredo Häberli - will select three winning concepts based on the choice of materials, wearability, manufacturability and functionality. The winning projects will be presented at the largest optical trade fairs in Germany and abroad. The deadline for entries is July 31, 2018.
The goal of this contest is to identify and honor creatively innovative product ideas in the area of corrective frames and sunglasses.
- The contest is geared toward university-level students in programs of study that emphasize creativity or graduates who have completed.
- The design concepts draw on and expand upon the latest trends in fashion and design. The contestants are free to design frames for women or men. With respect to the choice of materials, contestants should use materials that are processed on an industrial scale.
- Previously published works may not be submitted. All personal data will be handled in strict confidentiality, not transmitted to third parties and destroyed after the contest is over. OWP Brillen GmbH is responsible for the technical and organizational administration of the design contest.
- Contest participants grant their consent to make their works available for purposes of publication and exhibition. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to make minor alterations to design form (especally in respect of feasibility and correct product technology).
- The copyright remains the property of the contest participants. All designs not awarded or not purchased shall remain property of the designers. With the contest entry, the designer declares his or her full acceptance of all terms and conditions of the Request for Proposals (RFP).
THREE PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED: 1st Prize: € 2,000.00 or, alternatively, a 4-week internship in the OWP Design Department including travel, accommodations and board. 2nd Prize: €1,000.00 3rd Prize: € 500.00 If a design is used in a collection (regardless of prize level), the creator will be paid a fee customary in this line of business in exchange for assigning the rights of use.