There is no doubt that “Food and Feed” are very critical and fundamental elements for all living organisms on the earth. Although we became able to live in affluence of food due to increased food productivity followed by the growth of science and technology, some ironic situations are happening because of food issues.
For instance, some people are struggling due to obesity while at some parts of the world the others are starving to death. Recently, ‘Food & Eating’ has become one of the most popular contents in various media. As well, pictures of food also have become the most frequently uploaded items on SNS.
On the other hand, many NGOs (Non-governmental Organizations) keep working on the campaigns, appealing the public to help poor and starving kids in Africa. There are people enjoying meats while other people are enjoying vegetarian diets.
Some people say that eating with joy would not bring any guilty-mind while others say eating light is a virtue. Besides, many healthy foods from all over the world are being introduced through various media. At Bio-art Contest 2018, we are planning to have time to share and contemplate various problems around ‘Food and Feed’ that the world is facing today.
1. Topic: Food And Feed
2. Who can apply?
- Individuals and groups (maximum of 4 members), domestic/ international
3. Fields of entry
- Digital photographs, microscope pictures, computer graphics, video clip, VR (virtual reality)
-Digital pictures and computer graphics should be in jpg file with 2560x 1920 pixels (in case of resolution 72) and should not include any watermark or caption
- Microscope pictures should be sent with the maximum resolution of the apparatus.
- The video clips should be in 1280x720 pixels or higher. The file should be in MP4 format and should not exceed 100MB (shorter than 3 minutes).
- All contents made in VR and shorter than 3 minutes are acceptable. It should be compatible in Samsung Gear and submitted as 360VR format.
-The file should be titled in the following format: “Name (name of the team leader)_title” i.e.) John_Virtual Life
- The file should include the contents related to Bio-art
5. How to apply
- Submit online and upload the file on the contest website.
- Consult with the organizer staffs if you want to submit your own special work.
6. Application schedule
- July 2 (Monday) 2018 – August 17(Friday) (In case of the mailed works, the stamp with the deadline date will be accepted).
-Grand Prize (1 individual or team): certificate + Prize of KRW 5,000,000 (4480 U.S. dollars)
-Main Prize (3 individual(s) or team(s)): certificate + Prize KRW 1,000,000 (896 U.S. dollars)
-Participation Prize (10 individual(s) or team(s)): certificate + Prize KRW 300,000 (270 U.S. dollars)
-Selection Prize (20 individual(s) or team(s)): certificate