This delicious meal needs more than an hour to be prepare but the result is incredible.
In English there is not a specified word for that kind of bread so that's why I'm calling it "flower bread".
> 1kg. flour (+ some for the mixing part)
> 1 tablespoon salt
> 1 tea spoon sugar
> 3 eggs
> 300 ml. milk
> 17 gr. yeast powder or 1 cube of fresh yeast fuzzy in water
> 2 tablespoons oil
> 200-250 g. butter
> 200/250 ml. not too hot water
* Sift the flour
* Add the salt, the sugar, and the yeast (if you use fresh yeast, put it in water with little sugar and salt and then leave to rise and add it to the mixed flour)
* Make a hole (in bulgarian "well")
* Add the lightly scrambled eggs (but take one of the yolk to spread), the milk, the water and the oil
* Mix until a soft dough that does not stick to your hands
* Leave in a cup until doubled its volume
* Then take it and mix it again
* Take a small ball from the dough and put it in the middle of а greased tray
* Divide the remaining dough pieces so that we issue around the ball in the middle. Each pieces should be roll in oval form and be coated with melted butter. Then it is wound in the form of a croissant and put it around the middle ball in the tray.
* After you finish with all the balls, leave the tray to double its volume again
* Brush with egg yolk mixed with a little oil and milk
* Bake for 40 minutes in a preheated 200 degrees oven
* Check with a wooden skewer
* If it's ready, leave it covered for 30 minutes (you can brush it with some butter)
I hope you enjoy it!
It takes a lot of time so if you are not in a mood don't even start it ;) . Because like the people said "The bread takes all the emotions of the person who prepares it" ;).
The form of the bread is in your own desire! You can "play" with it and can make everything (sun, wreath, a simple oval, etc.)
Have a nice cooking!